Commemorative and information plate to Commander Grigory Kotovsky was opened in a festive atmosphere in Tiraspol, at the intersection of Kotovsky and October 25 streets. The solemn event was attended by veterans of the Great Patriotic War, defenders of Pridnestrovie, soldiers of the OGRV, pupils of the Suvorov military school, cadets, and members of the youth army. The honorary right to open the commemorative plate was granted to the Deputy of the Supreme Council Grigory Dyachenko.
Grigory Ivanovich Kotovsky was born on June 24, 1881 in the village of Gancheshty (now the city of Hincesti in Moldova). In May 1917 he was sent to the Romanian front. He fought bravely and heroically. He was awarded the St. George Cross and promoted to ensign. In 1919 he was appointed commander of the cavalry brigade. Since December 1920 - commander of the cavalry division. In October 1922 he was appointed commander of the cavalry corps. For military merits, he was awarded three orders of the Red Banner and an honorary revolutionary weapon - an inlaid cavalry sword. The awards are kept at the Central Museum of the Armed Forces in Moscow. Not once saved the situation on the fronts. He kept out of troubles his subordinates as far as the situation allowed. He died on the 6th of August, 1925. The image of Grigory Kotovsky is captured in five literary works and in eight feature films.