A memorial plate was laid in place of the future chapel 99 years ago in memory of the shot imperial family.
The Alexander Nevsky Church erected in the first half of the 19th century and destroyed in the Soviet period was rebuilt in 2008, on the initiative of Vadim Krasnoselsky on the territory of the Bendery Fortress. This temple was visited more than once by Russian emperors - Alexander II, Nicholas I and Nicholas II. Nicholas II was in our region four times before the tragic times of persecution against the church. May 1916, the Emperor prayed in the church of Alexander Nevsky with his wife and children. After that the royal family drank tea in the courtyard of the temple. At the place where a century ago there was a tsar's tea, last year a royal arbor was erected. This night they remembered the family of the last Russian emperor. The Russian Emperor Nicholas II, his wife Alexandra Feodorovna, medical laborer Yevgeny Botkin and the servants were shot exactly 99 years ago, on the night of July 16-17, 1918, in Yekaterinburg in the basement of the house of mining engineer Nikolai Ipatiev.
Royal passion-bearer were remembered today in the temple of Alexander Nevsky by name. The all-night vigil, which passed into the Divine Liturgy, united numerous parishioners, among whom were President Vadim Krasnoselsky and his wife, members of the Government, vice-speaker Galina Antyufeeva, deputies of the Supreme Council, heads of state administrations of cities and districts of the republic. The liturgy culminated in the procession of the cross. After the sound of the bells, a commemorative sign was opened, on the spot exactly one year later - a chapel will be opened to the 100th anniversary of the execution of the imperial family.
The design of the future chapel in honor of the royal passion-bearers is at the final stage. In the near future construction work will begin on the territory of the Alexander Nevsky church. During the creation of the republic, there were four parishes on its territory, today there are more than 130 parishes.