On September 27, Orthodox celebrate the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross and the Life-giving Cross. At 9 am, the Divine Liturgy commemorated the Orthodox holiday and anniversary celebrations in honor of the 60th anniversary of the Archbishop of Tiraspol and Dubossary Savva in the Holy Cross Orthodox Church. The divine service was headed by Metropolitan Vladimir of Chisinau and all Moldova. The prayer service was attended by the Chairman of the Supreme Council Alexander Shcherba, representatives of governments, ministries and departments of the republic, believers in Tiraspol.
Vladyka Savva was congratulated on the jubilee by the Speaker of the Parliament.
Temples were destroyed in the 1920-1930s of the last century. About 80 churches were demolished on the territory of the Pridnestrovian region. In the 1990s there were 4 churches left in the republic. With the formation and development of Pridnestrovie, work was under way to restore and build more than a hundred temples. Tiraspol-Dubossary diocese under the leadership of Archbishop Savva is carrying out tremendous work in this direction. The diocese deals not only with church activities, but also conducts a vast educational spiritual and moral work.
The high level of interaction between church and state is one of the merits of Archbishop Sawa, said President Vadim Krasnoselsky. On the eve of the celebration of Vladyka Savva anniversary, the head of state presented His Eminence Order of Merit to the II degree.
The Holy Cross Temple, whose construction began in 2014, is an example of the revival and development of spirituality in the Pridnestrovian region. Here there are prayer services from the moment when the first stone was laid.